Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Today...

- Today, I lost a small part of myself.

- Today, I learned that some things in life abandon us and never come back.

- Today, I realized I'm never going to be the same person I was yesterday.

- Today, I saw how every action one takes has a consequence.

- Today, I accepted that in this life nothing lasts for ever.

- Today, I caught a glimpse of what 'falling to pieces' really means.

- Today, a part of me died.



-Today, I started to shed the dead skin cells I submitted to such a huge amount of sun rays over the 5 days I was in Portugal. I mean I don't think tanned is the best way to describe my state, I'd say a better description would be toasted :P

What? What were you guys thinking I was talking about? Surely you didn't think I was gonna get all deep and philosphical on you, did you? ;)

I had a great time in Portugal. I watched a lot of tennis. I'm not gonna bore with the details since I know probably most of you are not really interested in tennis, but I will say this: I took pictures with my two favorite players, I shared transportation with many others and I had VIP tickets which meant access to the sponsors' lounge (open bar included) and access to the press room (where we were actually allowed to ask questions). All in all a pretty good week of tennis, the only downside being that since I spent most of the day at the tourney's grounds I was left with very little time to actually visit Lisbon and go to the beach but that in turn only means I'll have to go back someday for the sightseeing :D

Farewell skin cells, you will be sorely missed and held in fond remembrance; godspeed.

8 comments

At 10/5/06 08:40, Blogger ngo said...

You must look like a leper, hehehe.

 
At 11/5/06 02:58, Blogger Raquel said...

heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy!!
PON FOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

:D !!

 
At 11/5/06 12:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who needs skin cells. I wish I could sit in the sun rather than in this office...

 
At 11/5/06 12:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, I was prepping myself for some consoling message thinking someone died or summat!!!

 
At 12/5/06 04:40, Blogger Ing. Cardioide said...

Well... the suntan no one takes it from you... unless skin cells LOL :P

I hope u had a great moment in Portugal. See ya later!

Lalo.

 
At 12/5/06 14:08, Blogger Victor said...

Nalleli: Yes, a handsome leper ;)

Raquel: I have some pics but I'm still waiting for more. When I have them all I'll post'em somewhere

Ioannis: I know! Sun is our best friend.

Naz: That's what I was going for...although my skin cells did die...I miss them :'(

Lalo: Yeah, Portugal was great. I'd definitely like to go back some time.

 
At 15/5/06 15:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo no se, yo le digo el mirindo!

 
At 15/5/06 23:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Losing your skin cells, que lastima!

Come on Mrs!

Derek.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home