Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Of knees and ankles

Remember a while back when I told you I hurt my knee during my 10k preparations? Well, after wearing a knee support for some time the thing eventually got better and it doesn't hurt anymore, it healed naturally, slowly but surely. Now guess what? I fuckin' sprained my ankle 3 weeks ago, and it wasn't during any exercise like running or playing squash, it was while jumping like an idiot to a Green Day song at Jilly's Rockworld, Manchester's premier rock place (it rocks by the way). The sprain wasn't mild but it wasn't ugly, let's just say it was mild enough to not require an x-ray. Of course, after that it was all swollen and shit so I had to cancel my running and squash for some time. After a week I started playing squash again since the ankle didn't hurt but I postponed the running until today mostly because I didn't feel as comfortable running and because of a bit of laziness too. Besides, yesterday I brought a fresh pair of kicks which I wanted to try out today :)
This events got me thinking (I've always thought about it really) about how high maintenance the body is, it takes so little to keep you from doing things you do regularly on a day to day basis. A dodgy knee, a sprained ankle, a bad wrist, a tummy ache, a headache , blisters... Any of these things can keep you from, in my case, playing squash or going for a nice run. I dunno, guess it makes you think how good you have it compared with other people, I mean if I had to stop doing all the shit I do (especially the squash which I enjoy like a lil kid) it would be quite depressing.
I don't really know where I'm going with this post so I'm just gonna stop. I'll try to write something somewhat interesting sometime soon.

V.

p.s. Today during my first run in 3 weeks due to the ankle shit it started raining, a very light drizzle at first followed by some pretty steady rain. Needless to say, I ended up soaking wet. Welcome back you fucker haha.

3 comments

At 17/8/06 10:08, Blogger ngo said...

Maybe is the New running shoe curse. BTW i'm blaming u for this weather, :(.

 
At 17/8/06 11:29, Blogger Victor said...

That was the huarache curse! You can't go making curses up young lady...

Oh, and don't blame me missy. Blame all the whiners that were complaining of all the sun and heat we were geting last month. Now that it's all gone they, obviously, want it back.

Sometimes you just have to say: I told you so!

 
At 17/8/06 22:55, Blogger ngo said...

I just remember, this song goes well with your post,

Ain't got no, I got life
by Nina Simone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home