Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Thanks Roger!

Yes! You get 2 posts for the price of one today! Yay!

For those of you who don't know, I'm a big tennis nut. I've been playing the sport since I was a kid and even though since I'm here in England I've taken a shine to squash, tennis holds a special place in my heart.
Tennis nut that I am, I try to keep up to date with all the current tournaments and rankings and shit. Currently Roger Federer is the world number 1 player. The guy is virtually untouchable, he's won more than 60 matches this year and only lost 4, all 4 to the same guy. What does that mean? It means that were it not for this little nuisance, the Fed (as some people call him) would be undeafeted.
Yeah, well not anymore. Tonight, Roger lost his first match of the year to anyone not named Nadal. The conqueror? Non other than the latest british tennis hope, young Andy Murray from Scotland. Upon seeing that Fed was scheduled to play the young scot some people (myself included) thought there was a possibility of an upset given that Fed was coming from a very tough week in Toronto where despite winning the title he had to go to 3 sets in his last 4 matches and that this kid can play and he has the kind of game that bothers the Fed.
Taking all this into account I decided to check out the odds on Murray winning the match. They were pretty juicy at 10/1, i.e., for every dollar you bet you get 10 back in case you win. After much deliberating in my head I decided to make a little wager. I must say that even accounting for the reasons stated above I still thought Federer was going to tough it out and take the match, that's why it was hard for me to place the bet. But I did. And Murray just won 7/5 6/4!

Apparently (didn't see the match) Federer played like the shit, but what do I care I'm 100 pounds sterling richer for his stinkiness tonight!!!!

So this post is just to say thanks Roger for paying for my new running shoes and 1Gb of RAM memory for my laptop, she really needs it, she's old and frail the poor thing.


Fresh new kicks!

More days like this....

V.

2 comments

At 17/8/06 10:05, Blogger ngo said...

It's not fair, some people have to work to make a leaving, and u, just by being a tennis geek!!!

 
At 22/8/06 21:00, Blogger Raquel said...

jajajajajaja
you and your luck...
as always!!!!!!!!
I'm happy for you :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home